Use the Activity Monitor. It’s the last toolbar in the top bar. It will show you a list of “Recent Expensive Queries”. You can double-click them to see the execution plan, etc.
How do I view a query in SQL Server?
In Management Studio, open the Object Explorer.
- Go to your database.
- There’s a subnode Views.
- Find your view.
- Choose Script view as > Create To > New query window.
How can I see all queries executed in SQL Server?
- deqs.last_execution_time AS [Time],
- dest.TEXT AS [Query]
- sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS deqs.
- CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(deqs.sql_handle) AS dest.
- ORDER BY.
- deqs.last_execution_time DESC.
How do I view SQL activity?
To open Activity Monitor right click on the SQL Server instance name and click Activity Monitor. As you can see below, there are several types of information you can review such as processes, resource waits, expensive queries, etc.
How do you optimize a query?
It’s vital you optimize your queries for minimum impact on database performance.
- Define business requirements first. …
- SELECT fields instead of using SELECT * …
- Avoid SELECT DISTINCT. …
- Create joins with INNER JOIN (not WHERE) …
- Use WHERE instead of HAVING to define filters. …
- Use wildcards at the end of a phrase only.
How do I find SQL queries?
Click on the Text search command:
- In the Search text field, enter the data value that needs to be searched.
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to search in.
- In the Select objects to search tree, select the tables and views to search in, or leave them all checked.
How do I find the last query in SQL Server?
One option to find the last few executed queries is by using server-side trace for a short time and collect the SQL statements executed. The best and reliable technique is to use the Extended Events.
How do you check which SQL query is running?
You can run the sp_who command to get a list of all the current users, sessions and processes. You can then run the KILL command on any spid that is blocking others. There are various management views built into the product. On SQL 2000 you’d use sysprocesses.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
How do you kill a SPID in SQL?
Once Activity Monitor has loaded, expand the ‘Processes’ section. Scroll down to the SPID of the process you would like to kill. Right click on that line and select ‘Kill Process’. A popup window will open for you to confirm that you want to kill the process.
How do I find the activity log in SQL Server?
To view a SQL Server audit log
- In Object Explorer, expand the Security folder.
- Expand the Audits folder.
- Right-click the audit log that you want to view and select View Audit Logs. This opens the Log File Viewer -server_name dialog box. For more information, see Log File Viewer F1 Help.
- When finished, click Close.