How do I get the latest date record in SQL?
- select t.username, t.date, t.value.
- from MyTable t.
- inner join (
- select username, max(date) as MaxDate.
- from MyTable.
- group by username.
- ) tm on t.username = tm.username and t.date = tm.MaxDate.
How can find max and min date in SQL?
SQL MIN() and MAX() Functions
- SELECT MIN(column_name) FROM table_name. WHERE condition;
- SELECT MAX(column_name) FROM table_name. WHERE condition;
- Example. SELECT MIN(Price) AS SmallestPrice. FROM Products;
- Example. SELECT MAX(Price) AS LargestPrice. FROM Products;
Can we use MAX function on date?
MAX() function will give you the maximum values from all the values in a column. MAX function works with “date” data types as well and it will return the maximum or the latest date from the table.
How do I sort by date in SQL?
condition_expression: Condition on the basis of which rows have to be filtered. This is optional. date_field: Column of date data type according to which the records have to be sorted. ASC | DESC: Order of sorting as in ascending(ASC) or descending(DESC)
How do I get the highest row value in SQL?
How to get record with max value using SQL subquery. Here’s the SQL query to get rows with max sale value using SQL subquery. In the above query, we first select the max value for table in subquery (in bold). Then we select those rows from original sales table where sale column value is max value.
How do you find the maximum date?
Find earliest and latest dates with functions
- In a blank cell, enter the formula =MIN(A1:D7), and press the Enter key. …
- You can also apply the formula =SMALL(A1:D7,1) to get the earliest dates quickly.
- If you want to find out the latest dates in the range, you can enter the formula =MAX(A1:D7), and press the Enter key.
How do I select top 10 in SQL?
Example – Using TOP PERCENT keyword
SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT employee_id, last_name, first_name FROM employees WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY employee_id; This SQL Server SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.
How do I find the smallest date in SQL?
SQL SELECT MIN and MAX
SELECT MIN returns the smallest value for a column. SELECT MAX returns the largest value for a column.
Can I use Max in WHERE clause?
MAX() function with Having
The SQL HAVING CLAUSE is reserved for aggregate function. The usage of WHERE clause along with SQL MAX() have also described in this page. The SQL IN OPERATOR which checks a value within a set of values and retrieve the rows from the table can also be used with MAX function.
Which SQL function is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
What is the maximum date in MySQL?
The DATE type is used for values with a date part but no time part. MySQL retrieves and displays DATE values in ‘ YYYY-MM-DD ‘ format. The supported range is ‘1000-01-01′ to ‘9999-12-31’ .