SELECT SOME_OTHER_COLUMN, CONCAT(FIRSTNAME, ‘,’, LASTNAME) AS FIRSTNAME FROM `customer`; Using * means, in your results you want all the columns of the table. In your case * will also include FIRSTNAME . You are then concatenating some columns and using alias of FIRSTNAME .
How do I concatenate two columns in SQL?
The solution is to concatenate the two columns. In MySQL SELECT statements, you can concatenate columns using the Concat() function. MySQL Is Different Most DBMSs use operators + or || for concatenation; MySQL uses the Concat() function.
How do I merge two columns in a single column in SQL?
You can merge data from two or more tables into a single column on a report by using the keyword UNION.
How do I combine data from multiple columns into one?
Combine data with the Ampersand symbol (&)
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type = and select the first cell you want to combine.
- Type & and use quotation marks with a space enclosed.
- Select the next cell you want to combine and press enter. An example formula might be =A2&” “&B2.
How can you concatenate columns in a query?
Instead of getting all the table columns using * in your sql statement, you use to specify the table columns you need. Remove the * from your query and use individual column names, like this: SELECT SOME_OTHER_COLUMN, CONCAT(FIRSTNAME, ‘,’, LASTNAME) AS FIRSTNAME FROM `customer`;
How do I combine two columns in a data frame?
Method #2: Using lambda function
This method generalizes to an arbitrary number of string columns by replacing df[[‘First’, ‘Last’]] with any column slice of your dataframe, e.g. df. iloc[:, 0:2]. apply(lambda x: ‘ ‘. join(x), axis=1).
What is || in SQL query?
|| or concatenation operator is use to link columns or character strings. … A literal is a character, number or date that is included in the SELECT statement.
How do I concatenate 3 columns in SQL?
SQL Server CONCAT() Function
- Add two strings together: SELECT CONCAT(‘W3Schools’, ‘.com’);
- Add 3 strings together: SELECT CONCAT(‘SQL’, ‘ is’, ‘ fun!’ );
- Add strings together (separate each string with a space character): SELECT CONCAT(‘SQL’, ‘ ‘, ‘is’, ‘ ‘, ‘fun!’ );
What does || mean in Oracle?
|| operator concatenates one or more strings into a single string in Oracle.
How do I merge two columns in Excel without deleting data?
Merge columns of data into one without losing data by CONCATENATE
- Select a blank cell, enter the formula =CONCATENATE(A2:C2&”,”), and then highlight A2:C2&”,” in the formula. …
- Press F9 key to convert the highlight part of the formula to values.
How do I put data from multiple columns into one column in Google Sheets?
Combine Multiple Columns in Google Sheets into One Column
- In the cell D2 insert the formula: =CONCATENATE(B2,” “,C2)
- Press enter and drag the formula down to the other cells in the column by clicking and dragging the little “+” icon at the bottom-right of the cell.
How do I combine multiple columns into one in R?
To concatenate two columns you can use the <code>paste()</code> function. For example, if you want to combine the two columns A and B in the dataframe df you can use the following code: <code>df[‘AB’] <- paste(df$A, df$B)</code>.