Can Microsoft Edge Run Java?
No. Microsoft Edge doesn’t support ActiveX controls or Browser Help Objects (BHOs) like Silverlight or Java. However, if you’re running web apps that use ActiveX controls, BHOs, or legacy document modes on Internet Explorer 11, you can configure them to run in IE mode on the new Microsoft Edge.
How can I make my browser support Java?
Browsers for Windows
- Click Tools and then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down to Active Scripting and Scripting of Java applets.
- Make sure the Enable radio button are checked in both.
- Click OK to save your preference and restart web browser.
- Open a new window with Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the More actions button in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down the Settings and click on View advanced settings.
- Under Cookies, select the option Don’t block cookies.
- Refresh Microsoft Edge to enable cookies.
Does Windows 10 need 2021 Java?
You only need Java if an app requires it. The app will prompt you. So, yes, you can uninstall it and it’s likely safer if you do.
How do I enable Java in Microsoft edge in Windows 10?
Enable Java in the browser through the Java Control Panel
- In the Java Control Panel, click the Security tab.
- Select the option Enable Java content in the browser.
- Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changes.
- Restart the browser to enable the changes.
Which browser can use Java?
Requirements for accessing Management Console through Java Web Start or a web browser
|Operating System||Browser Version (to launch Java Web Start)|
|Windows 10||Internet Explorer 11|
|Windows 10||Firefox 47|
|Ubuntu 12.04||Firefox 46|
|Ubuntu 14.04||Firefox 46 Firefox 47|
How do I enable Java in Google Chrome?
- Install the CheerpJ Applet Runner Chrome extension. …
- When you visit a page with a Java applet, select the CheerpJ icon, then select Run Applets to enable the Java applets on the page.
Does Chrome use Java?
Chrome no longer supports NPAPI (technology required for Java applets) … Java applications are offered through web browsers as either a web start application (which do not interact with the browser once they are launched) or as a Java applet (which might interact with the browser).
How do I clear Cookies in Microsoft edge?
Open Microsoft Edge and select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services. Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear. Under Time range, choose a time range. Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.
How do I change cookie settings in Microsoft edge?
View cookies in Microsoft Edge
Open Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more > Settings > Site permissions. Select Cookies and site data. Here you can set specific controls for cookies. Select See all cookies and site data.
On web browser menu click “Tools” icon and select “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” window select the “Security” tab. … When the “Security Settings – Internet Zone” dialog window opens, look for the “Scripting” section. In the “Active Scripting” item select “Enable”.
- Visit the official website of Java.
- Click the download button at the top of the screen.
- Read the terms and conditions of the End-user License Agreement.