An easy way would be to use SQL Server Management Studio, in the Object Explorer right click on the database you want to export, select Tasks -> Back Up , then select a destination and file name in the Destination box at the bottom of the dialog.
How do I export a DB dump?
Go to Websites & Domains > Databases > Export Dump in the database tools pane. Save a dump: To save a dump in a certain directory on the server, select the directory. The home directory of your subscription is used by default.
How do I export a SQL database?
Procedure to export SQL Server Database to Excel
- Open SQL Server 2014 Management Studio.
- Connect to the database engine server.
- Click on Databases and expand it.
- Right click on the database that has to be exported and click on Tasks option from the drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select the Export Data option.
How do I import a SQL dump file?
To import an SQL dump file:
- Connect to your MySQL database.
- Choose Import > From SQL Dump… from the File menu.
- This will bring up a dialog box, select the file on your file system that you would like to import, then click Import .
- Your database will now be updated. Click the Refresh button (Cmd + R) if needed.
How do you dump a database?
To dump/export a MySQL database, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt: mysqldump -u username -p dbname > filename. sql . After entering that command you will be prompted for your password.
How do I export a database table?
Exporting Tables Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Right-click on the database that contains tables you wish to export. …
- Click Next > on the Introduction page. …
- On the Choose Objects page, select all of the tables you wish to export. …
- On the Set Scripting Options page, select Save scripts to a specific location.
How do I upload a dump?
Go to Websites & Domains > Databases > Import Dump in the database tools pane. To choose a dump from your local computer, select Upload and click Browse. Then select a ZIP archive with the dump file. To choose a dump from a directory on the server, select Import and select a file of the dump.
How do I export SQL query results?
To export query results (Interactive SQL Data menu)
- Enter your query in the SQL Statements pane of Interactive SQL.
- Choose SQL » Execute.
- Choose Data » Export.
- Specify a location for the results and click Next.
- For text, HTML, and XML files, type a file name in the File Name field and click Export. …
- Click Close.
How do I export SQL results to text file?
- If you want to save the results in a txt file, you can do this in SSMS. Go to Tools>Options:
- Select the option Result to file:
- Create a query and execute the query. …
- The result saved are the following:
- SQLCMD. …
- PowerShell. …
- Import/Export Wizard in SSMS. …
- You will open the SQL Server Import and Export wizard:
How do I export a CSV file from SQL query?
Oracle SQL Developer:
- Right-click the table name in the object tree view.
- Select Export.
- Select CSV. The Export Data window shows up.
- Click Format tab.
- Select Format as: CSV.
- Enter a file name and location.
- Click Columns tab.
- Check the columns you wish to export.
How do I run a SQL script from the command line?
Run the script file
- Open a command prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: sqlcmd -S myServerinstanceName -i C:myScript.sql.
- Press ENTER.
What Cannot have a trigger associated with it?
Since triggers execute as part of a transaction, the following statements are not allowed in a trigger: All create commands, including create database, create table, create index, create procedure, create default, create rule, create trigger, and create view.
How do I run a .SQL file?
Run an SQL file from a hard drive
- In the Database tool window (View | Tool Windows | Database), right-click a data source.
- Select Run SQL Script.
- In the Select Path window, navigate to the SQL file that you want to apply.
How do you dump in SQL?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access. …
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql. …
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
What is the dump file?
A dump file is a snapshot that shows the process that was executing and modules that were loaded for an app at a point in time. … Testers also create dumps to save crash or unresponsive program data to use for more testing. The Visual Studio debugger can save dump files for managed or native code.
How do I get Mysqldump?
How to Restore MySQL with mysqldump
- Step 1: Create New Database. On the system that hosts the database, use MySQL to create a new database. Make sure you’ve named it the same as the database you lost. …
- Step 2: Restore MySQL Dump. To restore a MySQL backup, enter: mysql -u [user] -p [database_name] < [filename].sql.