How do I save a SQL script?
To copy a script:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. The SQL Scripts page appears.
- Load the script to copy into the editor.
- Enter a name for the copied script in the Script Name field.
- Click Save to save a copy of the script in the Script Repository.
How do I create a script in MySQL?
To generate a script from a diagram in MySQL Workbench:
- Select File > Export > Forward Engineer SQL CREATE Script…
- Enter a location to save the file (optional) and set options to include on the script (such as DROP statements etc), then click Continue.
How do I create a .SQL file in MySQL?
If you want to create a new database for the SQL file, you can do it with the following command: mysql> CREATE DATABASE DatabaseName; To create a MySQL user and assign a new password to it, run the following command: mysql> CREATE USER ‘DatabaseUser’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;
Where are SQL scripts stored?
By default all of the scripts are saved to a “Scripts” folder located in your project inside the workspace directory. This can be changed by clicking the Configure button in Project Explorer view.
How do I convert a text file to SQL?
Step 1:Downloading a txt file via FTP to a local drive. Step 2:Convert the file to SQL. Step 3:Copy the file to another FTP location. Step 4:Delete the file from the local drive.
How do I view a MySQL script?
You have quite a lot of options:
- use the MySQL command line client: mysql -h hostname -u user database < path/to/test. sql.
- Install the MySQL GUI tools and open your SQL file, then execute it.
- Use phpmysql if the database is available via your webserver.
What is a script in database?
The Database Scripts project is a series of command line scripts which will dump, erase, restore and merge databases. They are specifically set up to work the best when developing within a version control environment. The primary goals are to: … Merge development and production databases.
How do I convert MWB to SQL?
Conversion of mwb files to sql file format
You will basically need a script that transforms one to another. One way would be through command line (mysql -u yourUser -p yourDatabase < yourFile. sql), the other way resolves around decompressing your . nwb file and translating the XML script inside to .
How do I install MySQL?
The process for installing MySQL from a ZIP Archive package is as follows:
- Extract the main archive to the desired install directory. …
- Create an option file.
- Choose a MySQL server type.
- Initialize MySQL.
- Start the MySQL server.
- Secure the default user accounts.
What are the commands in MySQL?
|Connecting to MySQL server||mysql -u [username] -p; (user will be prompted to enter password)|
|Show all databases||show databases;|
|Create a new database||create database [database-name];|
|Select a particular database||use [database-name];|
How do I run a SQL script?
Executing a SQL Script from the SQL Scripts Page
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. …
- From the View list, select Details and click Go. …
- Click the Run icon for the script you want to execute. …
- The Run Script page appears. …
- Click Run to submit the script for execution.
Can SQL read a text file?
Today we’re going to take a look at reading text files using SQL Server’s OPENROWSET ( ) function. … However, OPENROWSET can read files as well. It can perform single blob reads, which can be useful for bringing XML data into columns or variables of XML datatype.
Is SQL scripting language?
SQL is a fourth-generation language, meaning it is a scripting language that does not require compiling to run. Like most fourth-generation languages, SQL requires an interpreter that translates rather than compiles code. As with all languages, SQL has rules for issuing commands and queries.
What is the difference between query and script?
Unlike a SQL query, which is a single statement or entity, a SQL script is a collection of two or more SQL statements. … You could create a script that executes 20 INSERT statements and then executes a SELECT statement. Obviously, this is a simple example.