To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do you select rows that contain the specified value?
Select cells, entire rows or entire columns containing specific text or value
- Highlight the range from which you want to select cells, entire rows or entire columns. …
- Go to the Select Specific Cells dialog box, specify an option as you need in the Selection type section.
How do I select a specific row in MySQL?
MySQL SELECT statement is used to retrieve rows from one or more tables. The statement can also include UNION statements and subqueries. SELECT statement is used to fetch rows or records from one or more tables.
How do I select all rows with specific text?
Select the range of cells that you want to work with. Select the Developer tab. Click on the Macros button (under the Code group).
You will get an input box asking you to enter your search string.
- Type in the text you want to search for. …
- Click OK.
- All the rows containing your search string should now be selected.
How do I select specific rows in R?
Subset Data Frame Rows in R
- slice(): Extract rows by position.
- filter(): Extract rows that meet a certain logical criteria. …
- filter_all(), filter_if() and filter_at(): filter rows within a selection of variables. …
- sample_n(): Randomly select n rows.
- sample_frac(): Randomly select a fraction of rows.
How do I select a specific row?
Select one or more rows and columns
Or click on any cell in the column and then press Ctrl + Space. Select the row number to select the entire row. Or click on any cell in the row and then press Shift + Space. To select non-adjacent rows or columns, hold Ctrl and select the row or column numbers.
How do I select multiple rows in SQL?
SELECT * FROM users WHERE ( id IN (1,2,..,n) ); or, if you wish to limit to a list of records between id 20 and id 40, then you can easily write: SELECT * FROM users WHERE ( ( id >= 20 ) AND ( id <= 40 ) );
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
Here is the example.
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2. WHERE t2.StudentID = t1.StudentID.
How do you select all cells with certain values?
Selecting Cells that contain specific Text
- #1 go to HOME tab, click Find & Select command under Editing group. …
- #2 type one text string that you want to find in your data. …
- #3 click Find All button. …
- #4 press Ctrl +A keys in your keyboard to select all searched values.
How do you highlight all cells with specific text?
Highlighting Cells Containing Specific Text
- Select the range of cells.
- With the Home tab of the ribbon displayed, click the Conditional Formatting option in the Styles group. …
- Choose New Rule. …
- In the Select a Rule Type area at the top of the dialog box, choose Format Only Cells that Contain.
How do I extract specific text from Excel?
Using Text to Columns to Extract a Substring in Excel
- Select the cells where you have the text.
- Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Text to Columns.
- In the Text to Column Wizard Step 1, select Delimited and press Next.
- In Step 2, check the Other option and enter @ in the box right to it.