How do I view MySQL logs in Windows?
You’ll find the error log in the data directory specified in your my. ini file. The default data directory location in Windows is “C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.7data”, or “C:ProgramDataMysql”.
Does MySQL have a log file?
MySQL Server has several logs that can help you find out what activity is taking place. By default, no logs are enabled, except the error log on Windows.
How do I view the error log?
- Click on Start button and then click on Search Box.
- In this search box, type “Even Viewer“. …
- Click on “Windows Log “ in left pane and then double click on “Application” in right pane. …
- Here you’ll get three types of error logs: Informative, Warring and Failed errors logs.
How do I enable MySQL logs?
To enable the log files, do the following:
- Create the /etc/my.cnf options file with the following definitions that enable the log files automatically: [mysqld] log-bin log log-error log-slow-queries. …
- Stop and start the MySQL server to activate the changes to the /etc/my.
Where can I find my MySQL database file?
The default data directory location is C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 8.0data , or C:ProgramDataMysql on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. The C:ProgramData directory is hidden by default.
What is General log in MySQL?
The general query log is a general record of what mysqld is doing. The server writes information to this log when clients connect or disconnect, and it logs each SQL statement received from clients.
How do I clear MySQL logs?
To force MySQL to start using new log files, flush the logs. Log flushing occurs when you execute a FLUSH LOGS statement or a mysqladmin flush-logs, mysqladmin refresh, mysqldump –flush-logs, or mysqldump –master-data command. See Section 13.7. 8.3, “FLUSH Statement”, Section 4.5.
What is MySQL slow query log?
The slow query log consists of SQL statements that take more than long_query_time seconds to execute and require at least min_examined_row_limit rows to be examined. The slow query log can be used to find queries that take a long time to execute and are therefore candidates for optimization.
How do I check Windows error logs?
Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools. Double-click Event Viewer. Select the type of logs that you wish to review (ex: Windows Logs)
How do I view Windows crash logs?
To open it, just hit Start, type “reliability,” and then click the “View reliability history” shortcut. The Reliability Monitor window is arranged by dates with columns at the right representing the most recent days. You can see a history of events for the last few weeks, or you can switch to a weekly view.
How do I find system errors?
Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the drive that you want to check. At the bottom, go ahead and click on Properties. Click on the Tools tab and you’ll see a Check button in the Error checking section. In Windows 7, the button is Check Now.
How do I enable query logs?
How to show the queries log in MySQL?
- Enable Query logging on the database. SET global general_log = 1; SET global log_output = ‘table’;
- Now you can view the log by running this query: SELECT * FROM mysql. general_log;
- If you want to disable query logging on the database, run this query: SET global general_log = 0;
How do I enable debugging in MySQL?
Enter the following command at the mysql prompt to enable the debugging: set global general_log = ‘on’; Note: On a Spectrum Report Manager host that can easily generate hundreds of queries per minute, the log file will grow in size quickly. The log file generated is created in the $SPECROOT/mysql/data directory.