How do you clear a database?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, right-click the database to delete, and then click Delete.
- Confirm the correct database is selected, and then click OK.
How do you clear a database table?
Deleting data from tables
- Use the DELETE statement without specifying a WHERE clause. With segmented table spaces, deleting all rows of a table is very fast. …
- Use the TRUNCATE statement. The TRUNCATE statement can provide the following advantages over a DELETE statement: …
- Use the DROP TABLE statement.
How do I select a database in mysql?
You can use the SQL command use to select a database.
- Example. Here is an example to select a database called TUTORIALS − [root@host]# mysql -u root -p Enter password:****** mysql> use TUTORIALS; Database changed mysql> …
- Syntax. mysqli_select_db ( mysqli $link , string $dbname ) : bool. …
- Example. …
Which is better truncate or delete?
Truncate removes all records and doesn’t fire triggers. Truncate is faster compared to delete as it makes less use of the transaction log. Truncate is not possible when a table is referenced by a Foreign Key or tables are used in replication or with indexed views.
What is difference between truncate and delete?
The DELETE statement removes rows one at a time and records an entry in the transaction log for each deleted row. TRUNCATE TABLE removes the data by deallocating the data pages used to store the table data and records only the page deallocations in the transaction log.
How do I truncate a row in SQL?
TRUNCATE TABLE removes all rows from a table, but the table structure and its columns, constraints, indexes, and so on remain. To remove the table definition in addition to its data, use the DROP TABLE statement.
How do I switch between MySQL databases?
Creating a database in MySQL doesn’t select it for use. You have to indicate it with the USE command. The USE command is also used when you have more than one database on a MySQL server and need to switch between them. You must choose the correct database each time you start a MySQL session.
What is use command in MySQL?
The USE statement tells MySQL to use the named database as the default (current) database for subsequent statements. This statement requires some privilege for the database or some object within it.
How do you connect to database?
Within the Databases node you can do the following:
- Connect to a database.
- View current database connections.
- Select or add a driver for your database.
- Enter SQL statements and see the results immediately.
- Run SQL scripts on a connected database.
- Migrate table schemas across databases from different vendors.