What are the new features in SQL Server 2017?
The changes introduced in SQL Server 2017 discussed here include the following features:
- SQL Server on Linux.
- Resumable online index rebuild.
- SQL Server machine learning services.
- Query processing improvements.
- Automatic database tuning.
- TempDB file size improvements.
- Smart differential backup.
- Smart transaction log backup.
Which SQL components are installed?
In the mean time if you look in your Microsoft SQL Server 20xx folders you will see the SQL Server 20xx Installation Center. Open that and go to the tools tab. The second option is the Installed SQL Server features discovery report.
How do I add features to an existing installation of SQL Server 2017?
To add a new feature to an existing instance of SQL Server, select Installation in the left-hand navigation area, and then select New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
How can I tell if SQL Server 2017 is installed?
Using SQL Server Configuration Manager
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager. If you do not have these entries on the Start menu, SQL Server is not correctly installed.
What is the difference between SQL Server 2016 and 2017?
Once a major version of SQL Server falls out of Mainstream Support, there are no more Service Packs or Cumulative Updates. Only security updates are released while the major version is in Extended Support. … SQL Server 2017 will be fully supported for about 15 months longer than SQL Server 2016.
Which DMVs are newly introduced in SQL 2017?
The new DMVs introduced in SQL Server 2017 are as follows:
- sys. dm_tran_version_store_space_usage.
- sys. dm_db_stats_histogram (Transact-SQL)
- sys. dm_exec_query_statistics_xml.
- sys. dm_os_host_info.
- sys. …
- A new column modified_extent_page_count introduced in sys. …
- Identify the free disk space using the new DMV sys.
How do you determine what SQL features are installed?
How to identify what features has been installed in your SQL…
- Click on “Start” –> “All Programs” –> “Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2” –> “Configuration Tools” –> “SQL Server Installation Center.
- Click on “Tools”
- Click on “Installed SQL Server features discovery report”
How do you check if SSAS is installed?
To check which mode of SSAS is installed on your machine, follow the below steps.
- Open SSMS.
- Right-click on SSAS Properties.
- The Mode of Server Name is available in the property window. In our case, SSAS is installed with the Multidimensional mode, so it is showing “Multidimensional”.
How do I install SSAS 2016?
How to install SSAS (Sql Server Analysis Services)
- To proceed, you first need to have Sql Server Data Tools installed on your server. …
- Clicking that opens the following prompts. …
- Click the box to add to an existing instance, since we already have a Sql Server instance installed.
- Select Analysis Services as shown below.
Is SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition free?
The installation of SQL Server 2017 is pretty straight forward and very similar to previous versions of SQL Server. … SQL Server 2017 developer version is full featured free edition, which you can use on your development and test database (but not on production database).
How do I install Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express Edition?
In order to install any edition of SQL Server 2017 Express, first you have to download the installer from the following link and select your language as shown on the next screen capture. When you execute the downloaded file, the installer will open a window that you can see on the next screen capture.
How do I add a named instance of SQL Server 2016?
To create a Microsoft SQL Server Named Instance, follow these steps:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Run the SQL Server installation files from the SQL server installation media (DVD).
- Select Installation.
- Select New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
- Click OK. …
- Click Next.
How do I know if SQL server 2019 is installed?
To run the SQL Server features discovery report, click Tools in the left-hand navigation area of SQL Server Installation Center, and then click Installed SQL Server features discovery report.
How do I find the database version?
The first is by using the functionality in SQL Server Management Studio and right clicking on the instance name and selecting Properties. In the general section you will see information such as on the following screenshots. The “Product version” or “Version” gives you a number of the version that is installed.
How do you check which SQL server version is installed?
To check the version and edition of Microsoft® SQL Server on a machine:
- Press Windows Key + S.
- Enter SQL Server Configuration Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
- In the top-left frame, click to highlight SQL Server Services.
- Right-click SQL Server (PROFXENGAGEMENT) and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.