To open the Find Database Object pane, right-click a connection name in the Connections navigator and select Find DB Object. You can also click on VIEW and then on FIND DB Object. Get Oracle SQL Developer now with O’Reilly online learning.
How do I search for a package in SQL Developer?
5 Answers. Go to VIEW menu, click on find DB objects option. In the find db object pane put the name of the package and select the DB. Both, the spec and body will appear, double click to open.
How do I view a table in SQL Developer?
To view table data:
- In SQL Developer, search for a table as described in “Viewing Tables”. …
- Select the table that contains the data. …
- In the object pane, click the Data subtab. …
- (Optional) Click a column name to sort the data by that column.
- (Optional) Click the SQL subtab to view the SQL statement that defines the table.
How do I view Object Explorer in SQL Developer?
To open it do one of the following:
- click binocular icon from the toolbar,
- right click object explorer and choose Find DB Object option,
- go to View main menu and choose Find DB Object option.
How do I search for a word in SQL Developer?
Searching Source Code & Your Views in SQL Developer
- Just check the ‘All Views’ toggle. …
- Clicking on the search result will open the object. …
- Ah, so that’s how they do it… …
- Select, alt+g, and ‘Go’
Where is TNS entry in SQL Developer?
- In SQLDeveloper browse Tools –> Preferences , as shown in below image.
- In the Preferences options expand Database –> select Advanced –> under “Tnsnames Directory” –> Browse the directory where tnsnames. ora present.
- Then click on Ok, as shown in below diagram.
How do I view a table in SQL?
Right-click the Products table in SQL Server Object Explorer, and select View Data. The Data Editor launches. Notice the rows we added to the table in previous procedures. Right-click the Fruits table in SQL Server Object Explorer, and select View Data.
How can I see all tables in SQL?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How do I find a table in SQL?
Using the Information Schema
- SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TABLES.
- SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Album’
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How do I change the layout of SQL Developer?
The layout is controlled by the window layout set in the preferences. Go to Tools | Preferences under the Environment node in the tree select Dockable Windows.
How do I query in SQL Developer?
To run queries in SQL Developer:
- Click the icon SQL Worksheet. …
- If the Select Connection window opens: …
- In the SQL Worksheet pane, type a query (a SELECT statement).
- Click the icon Execute Statement. …
- Click the tab Results. …
- Click the icon Clear.
How do I search for a word in Oracle?
To do this you can use ALL_SOURCE dictionary object. Because it contains all source information line by line. Below is the SQL statement to query all_source view to search a particular string (‘Employee Name:’).
How do I find a specific word in a string in Oracle?
Description. The Oracle INSTR function is used to search string for substring and find the location of the substring in the string. If a substring that is equal to substring is found, then the function returns an integer indicating the position of the first character of this substring.
How do I open a script in SQL Developer?
I found that I can press SHIFT+F4 for a view in SQL Developer and get the script of the view in Details Tab.