How do I comment out a single line in SQL?
This method of commenting must be at the end of the line and be in a single line. A comment in SQL that starts with /* symbol and ends with */ and can span several lines within your SQL.
How do I comment out code in SQL Server?
To comment out lines of code in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) Query Window, select lines of code you want to comment out and hit the keyboard shortcut ‘CTRL+K’ followed by ‘CTRL+C’.
How do I comment in Microsoft SQL Server?
Comments can be inserted on a separate line or within a Transact-SQL statement. Multiple-line comments must be indicated by /* and */.
Which of the following is single line comment?
Explanation: To create a single line comment, we use the // notation. Wherever you want to start the comment, start it with //.
What is SQL coding?
SQL (Structured Query Language) is a standardized programming language that’s used to manage relational databases and perform various operations on the data in them. … Also known as SQL databases, relational systems comprise a set of tables containing data in rows and columns.
Which operator is used to match text?
The SQL Like is a logical operator that is used to determine whether a specific character string matches a specified pattern. It is commonly used in a Where clause to search for a specified pattern in a column.
How do you comment in R?
First way: Select the multiple lines which you want to comment using the cursor and then use the key combination “control + shift + C” to comment or uncomment the selected lines.
How do I comment all lines in SQL?
- Begin the comment with a slash and an asterisk (/*). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text can span multiple lines. End the comment with an asterisk and a slash (*/). …
- Begin the comment with — (two hyphens). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text cannot extend to a new line.
How do I run a SQL script?
Executing a SQL Script from the SQL Scripts Page
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. …
- From the View list, select Details and click Go. …
- Click the Run icon for the script you want to execute. …
- The Run Script page appears. …
- Click Run to submit the script for execution.
How do I rename a SQL query?
ALTER TABLE table_name RENAME TO new_table_name; Columns can be also be given new name with the use of ALTER TABLE. QUERY: Change the name of column NAME to FIRST_NAME in table Student.