The MySQL Connector/ODBC is the name for the family of MySQL ODBC drivers (previously called MyODBC drivers) that provide access to a MySQL database using the industry standard Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) API.
Does MySQL use ODBC?
Every database platform provides its setup of ODBC drivers that can be used to connect Windows or Linux applications to connect to the database. When we install the MySQL server, the ODBC driver for MySQL is installed automatically.
How do I connect to MySQL via ODBC?
To set up a new ODBC data source for MySQL Server:
- Install the latest MySQL ODBC drivers: …
- Open the 64 bit ODBC Administrator: …
- Open the System DSN tab and click Add:
- Choose the latest MySQL ODBC driver and click Finish:
- Enter the ODBC credentials: …
- Test the data source connection:
How do I install MySQL ODBC connector?
Open Control Panel > Administrative tools > ODBC Data Sources (64-bit) > System DSN tab > Add. This will launch the Create New Data Source wizard. Select MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI driver from the list and click Finish. The configuration wizard opens.
How do I download ODBC driver for MySQL?
Installing MySQL ODBC driver on Windows
- Select the. Product Version. …
- Select the. Operating System. …
- Select the. OS Version. …
- Download the ZIP Archive. …
- Extract the . …
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and navigate to the extracted . …
- Run the following command in the command prompt: Install.bat.
Which ODBC driver should I use for MySQL?
MySQL Connector/ODBC 8.0 is recommended for use with MySQL Server 8.0, 5.7, and 5.6.
Is ODBC an API?
Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) is an open standard Application Programming Interface (API) for accessing a database.
How do I connect to a MySQL database?
To Connect to a MySQL Database
- Click Services tab.
- Expand the Drivers node from the Database Explorer. …
- Enter User Name and Password. …
- Click OK to accept the credentials. …
- Click OK to accept the default schema.
- Right-click the MySQL Database URL in the Services window (Ctrl-5).
How do I connect to MySQL?
To connect to the database server, confirm that the MySQL Database Server is running on your machine, right-click the Databases > MySQL Server node in the Services window and choose Connect. You might be prompted to supply a password to connect to the server.
How do I connect to ODBC?
Add an ODBC data source
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools dialog box, double-click Data Sources (ODBC). …
- Click User DSN, System DSN, or File DSN, depending on the type of data source you want to add. …
- Click Add.
How do I know if ODBC driver is installed?
How to check the ODBC SQL Server driver version (Windows)
- In Administative Tools, double-click Data Sources (ODBC).
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Information for the Microsoft SQL Server entry is displayed in the Version column.
How do I install ODBC drivers on Windows 10?
Step-by-step ODBC Data Source Setup in Windows 10
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type in odbcad32 and click OK.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box, select the System DSN or User DSN tab.
- Click Add. …
- Locate the necessary driver in the list and click Finish.