How can I see all data in SQL?
- Run SELECT information_schema. TABLES. TABLE_NAME FROM information_schema. TABLES where table_schema=’db_name’
- Create a loop which will run select query for each table gotten from the first query.
How do I view data in SQL database?
Right-click the Products table in SQL Server Object Explorer, and select View Data. The Data Editor launches. Notice the rows we added to the table in previous procedures. Right-click the Fruits table in SQL Server Object Explorer, and select View Data.
How will you see all the contents of a table?
Displaying table contents
- right-click and select Display.
- click on the Table > Display Table menu option.
- hit F9.
- right click and select View > Contents (first 30 rows). This will display a sample of the table (the first 30 rows) in the right-hand grid.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
What is query in SQL?
A query is a question or inquiry about a set of data. We use Structured Query Language (SQL) to retrieve meaningful and relevant information from databases. When building a structure, we pull data from tables and fields. The fields are columns in the database table, while the actual data makes up the rows.
How do you display in SQL?
The DISPLAY command must be placed immediately after the query statement on which you want it to take effect. For example: SELECT pno, pname FROM part WHERE color=’BLUE’; DISPLAY; When the system encounters this DISPLAY command, it displays the Result window containing the part number and name for all blue parts.
What are triggers in SQL?
A trigger is a special type of stored procedure that automatically runs when an event occurs in the database server. DML triggers run when a user tries to modify data through a data manipulation language (DML) event. DML events are INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statements on a table or view.
What is a view vs a table?
A view is a virtual table. A view consists of rows and columns just like a table. The difference between a view and a table is that views are definitions built on top of other tables (or views), and do not hold data themselves. If data is changing in the underlying table, the same change is reflected in the view.
How do I view table details in SQL Developer?
To view table data:
- In SQL Developer, search for a table as described in “Viewing Tables”. …
- Select the table that contains the data. …
- In the object pane, click the Data subtab. …
- (Optional) Click a column name to sort the data by that column.
- (Optional) Click the SQL subtab to view the SQL statement that defines the table.
How do I view a table in a database?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How can I see all table names in SQL Server?
How to Get the names of the table in SQL
- Syntax (When we have only single database): Select * from schema_name.table_name.
- Syntax (When we have multiple databases): Select * from database_name.schema_name.table_name.
- Example: SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.
- INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …