How do I run a .SQL file in bash?
Please follow below steps.
- Open Terminal and type mysql -u to Open the MySQL command line.
- Type the path of your mysql bin directory and press Enter.
- Paste your SQL file inside the bin folder of mysql server.
- Create a database in MySQL.
- Use that particular database where you want to import the SQL file.
How do I run a SQL file in Terminal?
use the MySQL command line client: mysql -h hostname -u user database < path/to/test. sql. Install the MySQL GUI tools and open your SQL file, then execute it. Use phpmysql if the database is available via your webserver.
How do I run a .SQL file?
Run an SQL file from a hard drive
- In the Database tool window (View | Tool Windows | Database), right-click a data source.
- Select Run SQL Script.
- In the Select Path window, navigate to the SQL file that you want to apply.
How do I run a .SQL file in Linux?
Create a sample database
- On your Linux machine, open a bash terminal session.
- Use sqlcmd to run a Transact-SQL CREATE DATABASE command. Bash Copy. /opt/mssql-tools/bin/sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q ‘CREATE DATABASE SampleDB’
- Verify the database is created by listing the databases on your server. Bash Copy.
How do I run a SQL query in Unix?
Do the following steps to start SQL*Plus and connect to the default database:
- Open a UNIX terminal.
- At the command-line prompt, enter the SQL*Plus command in the form: $> sqlplus.
- When prompted, enter your Oracle9i username and password. …
- SQL*Plus starts and connects to the default database.
How do I run a Sqlplus file?
Answer: To execute a script file in SQLPlus, type @ and then the file name. The above command assumes that the file is in the current directory. (ie: the current directory is usually the directory that you were located in before you launched SQLPlus.) This command would run a script file called script.
How do I run a SQL script from the command-line?
Run the script file
- Open a command prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: sqlcmd -S myServerinstanceName -i C:myScript.sql.
- Press ENTER.
How do I run an SQL file in putty?
STEP1: enter your Hostname or I.P address and use port 22 @ putty. If you are entering your hostname, leave out the http://www and simply enter yourdomain.com. STEP3: Then enter your cPanel password and click enter. and click enter.
How do I write a SQL script?
Creating a SQL Script in the Script Editor
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. …
- Click the Create button. …
- Enter a name for the script in the Script Name field. …
- Enter the SQL statements, PL/SQL blocks and SQL*Plus commands you want to include in your script.
How do I run a SQL query from a text file?
It’s possible to execute statements in MySQL from a text file from the command line or from the MySQL command line shell. This can be useful, for example, if you’ve saved data using mysqldump and need to load it back into the database.
How do I run MySQL code?
Launch the MySQL Command-Line Client. To launch the client, enter the following command in a Command Prompt window: mysql -u root -p . The -p option is needed only if a root password is defined for MySQL. Enter the password when prompted.