If you want to get the index of the last space in a string of words, you can use this expression RIGHT(name, (CHARINDEX(‘ ‘,REVERSE(name),0)) to return the last word in the string. This is helpful if you want to parse out the last name of a full name that includes initials for the first and /or middle name.
How do I get the last substring in SQL?
To get the first n characters of string with MySQL, use LEFT(). To get the last n char of string, the RIGHT() method is used in MySQL.
How do I find the index of an element in SQL?
SQL Server CHARINDEX() Function
The CHARINDEX() function searches for a substring in a string, and returns the position. If the substring is not found, this function returns 0. Note: This function performs a case-insensitive search.
How do I get the last digit of a number in SQL?
5 Answers. Just replace num with the name of your column from your database table, and change db to the name of your table that you are SELECT ing from. You can use the modulo operator to easily extract the last 6 digits assuming num is a numeric datatype: select num % 1000000 as num from db where user = ?
How do I find the index of a row in SQL Server?
“select row index sql server” Code Answer’s
- USE AdventureWorks2012;
- SELECT FirstName, LastName, TerritoryName, ROUND(SalesYTD,2,1) AS SalesYTD,
- ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY TerritoryName ORDER BY SalesYTD DESC)
- AS Row.
- FROM Sales. vSalesPerson.
- WHERE TerritoryName IS NOT NULL AND SalesYTD <> 0.
- ORDER BY TerritoryName;
How do I get last 3 digits in SQL?
SQL Server RIGHT() Function
- Extract 3 characters from a string (starting from right): SELECT RIGHT(‘SQL Tutorial’, 3) AS ExtractString;
- Extract 5 characters from the text in the “CustomerName” column (starting from right): …
- Extract 100 characters from a string (starting from right):
How do I get the last 3 letters in SQL?
It could be this using the SUBSTR function in MySQL: SELECT `name` FROM `students` WHERE `marks` > 75 ORDER BY SUBSTR(`name`, –3), ID ASC; SUBSTR(name, –3) will select the last three characters in the name column of the student table.
How do I view an index?
To see the index for a specific table use SHOW INDEX: SHOW INDEX FROM yourtable; To see indexes for all tables within a specific schema you can use the STATISTICS table from INFORMATION_SCHEMA: SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_NAME, INDEX_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How do I check my index?
- Determine all indexes on table: SELECT index_name FROM user_indexes WHERE table_name = :table.
- Determine columns indexes and columns on index: SELECT index_name , column_position , column_name FROM user_ind_columns WHERE table_name = :table ORDER BY index_name, column_order.
What is clustered vs nonclustered index?
Clustered indexes only sort tables. Therefore, they do not consume extra storage. Non-clustered indexes are stored in a separate place from the actual table claiming more storage space. Clustered indexes are faster than non-clustered indexes since they don’t involve any extra lookup step.
What is the last number?
A googol is a 1 with a hundred zeroes behind it. We can write a googol using exponents by saying a googol is 10^100. The biggest named number that we know is googolplex, ten to the googol power, or (10)^(10^100).
How do I do an if statement in SQL?
The IF statement is logically equivalent to a CASE statements with a searched-case-statement-when clause. The IF statement supports the use of optional ELSE IF clauses and a default ELSE clause. An END IF clause is required to indicate the end of the statement.