How do I find my SQL Server profile name?
To check SQL Agent, right-click then properties, choose the Alert System tab. The profile being used will be listed on there.
How do I change my SQL Server username and password?
In SQL Server Management Studio, right-click Security > Logins; then select New Login. Enter the username (for example, papercut). Change the Server Authentication to SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode. Enter the user’s password.
How do I change my database email name?
To change the server name for the account, go back to the main page of the wizard and select the Manage Database Mail accounts and profiles option. Create a new account.
Can you rename a SQL database?
Rename a database using SQL Server Management Studio
In Object Explorer, connect to your SQL instance. Make sure that there are no open connections to the database. … In Object Explorer, expand Databases, right-click the database to rename, and then click Rename. Enter the new database name, and then click OK.
How can I check DBMail status in SQL?
- Select from the sysmail_allitems table, specifying the messages of interest by mailitem_id or sent_status.
- To check the status returned from the external program for the e-mail messages, join sysmail_allitems to sysmail_event_log view on the mailitem_id column, as shown in the following section.
How do I find my SMTP server SQL?
- Right click the database mail icon and choose configure Database mail.
- Choose Manage Databse Mail accounts and profiles and click next.
- Choose View, change, or delete and existing account, then choose next.
- The server name listed will be your SMTP server.
What is the default username and password of SQL Server?
When you install Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) version 1.0 or Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE2000), the installation uses SQL Authentication by default. In addition, the default user name in these cases is sa, and the default password is blank.
How do I change the username and password for SQL Server authentication?
- In the SQL Server Management Studio, open Object Explorer.
- Click Server_instance_name > Security > Logins.
- Right-click Logins and select New Login.
- On the General page, in the Login name field, type the name for a new user.
- Select SQL Server authentication.
- In the Password field, type a password for the user.
What is the username and password for SQL Server?
A login is a simple credential for accessing SQL Server. For example, you provide your username and password when logging on to Windows or even your e-mail account. This username and password builds up the credentials. Therefore, credentials are simply a username and a password.
How do I find my SMTP server details?
How to find the SMTP Mail Server for an Email Address
- Open a DOS Command Prompt.
- Type “nslookup”.
- Your computer’s DNS Server name and IP address will be displayed.
- Type “set type=mx” – This will cause NSLOOKUP to only return what are known as MX (Mail eXchange) records from the DNS servers.
How do I enable email in database?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, expand a SQL Server instance.
- Right-click SQL Server Agent, and then click Properties.
- Click Alert System.
- Select Enable Mail Profile.
- In the Mail system list, select Database Mail.
- In the Mail profile list, select a mail profile for Database Mail.