What is Eomonth SQL?
SQL EOMONTH() function is a date function, it returns the last day of the month of a specified date, with an optional offset. SYNTAX EOMONTH (Date, [,offset]) Date is a date that is used to get a last day of month. Second argument offset is an integer that specifies the number of months to add to the date .
How do I get quarterly data in SQL?
1 Answer. This works by working out the (whole number) number of quarters that have occurred since 1900-01-01 1, and then by adding that same number of quarters on to 1900-01-01 . This has the effect of rounding each date down to the 1st day in each quarter. 0 when converted to a datetime is treated as 1900-01-01 .
How do you calculate salary in SQL?
For example, the SQL statement below returns the average salary of unique salary values where the salary is above $25,000 / year. SELECT AVG(DISTINCT salary) AS “Avg Salary” FROM employees WHERE salary > 25000; If there were two salaries of $30,000/year, only one of these values would be used in the AVG function.
How do I get the first day of every month in SQL?
You can provide other date like this.
- DECLARE @myDate DATETIME = ’02/15/2020′; — its mm/dd/yyyy format. …
- SELECT DATEADD(DD,-(DAY(GETDATE() -1)), GETDATE()) AS FirstDate SELECT DATEADD(DD,-(DAY(GETDATE())), DATEADD(MM, 1, GETDATE())) AS LastDate.
How do I get the first day of the last month in SQL?
- Months. SELECT DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE()) – 1, 0) — First day of previous month. …
- Quarters. SELECT DATEADD(QUARTER, DATEDIFF(QUARTER, 0, GETDATE()) -1, 0) — First day of previous quarter. …
- Years. …
- Half Years. …
How does between work in SQL?
The SQL BETWEEN condition allows you to easily test if an expression is within a range of values (inclusive). The values can be text, date, or numbers. It can be used in a SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement.
How do you concatenate in SQL?
SQL Server CONCAT() Function
- Add two strings together: SELECT CONCAT(‘W3Schools’, ‘.com’);
- Add 3 strings together: SELECT CONCAT(‘SQL’, ‘ is’, ‘ fun!’ );
- Add strings together (separate each string with a space character): SELECT CONCAT(‘SQL’, ‘ ‘, ‘is’, ‘ ‘, ‘fun!’ );
What is Datepart MySQL?
There is no DATEPART function in MySQL. Use MONTH(date_column) or EXTRACT(MONTH FROM date_column) instead.
Where date is current month SQL?
We can retrieve the current month value in SQL using the MONTH() and DATEPART() functions along with the GETDATE() function. To retrieve the name of the month functions in SQL such as DATENAME() and FORMAT() are used.
How do I get the latest datetime in SQL?
- select t.username, t.date, t.value.
- from MyTable t.
- inner join (
- select username, max(date) as MaxDate.
- from MyTable.
- group by username.
- ) tm on t.username = tm.username and t.date = tm.MaxDate.
How can I get top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
Is there a mode in SQL?
Mode of a data set is the value that appears most frequently in a series of data. Example: Input: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6 Output: 4 Explanation: 2 occurs 2 times, 5 occurs 2 times 4 occurs 3 times and rest other occurs 1 time So, 4 occurs most frequently and is thus the output.