How do I list all tables in the current database?
To see tables owned by the currently logged-in user, you can query the user_tables view. SELECT table_name FROM user_tables ORDER BY table_name ASC; This only shows tables owned by the current user. It doesn’t include tables owned by other users that the current user can see.
How can I see all tables available in SQL?
The easiest way to see all tables in the database is to query the all_tables view: SELECT owner, table_name FROM all_tables; This will show the owner (the user) and the name of the table. You don’t need any special privileges to see this view, but it only shows tables that are accessible to you.
How do I get a list of all tables and columns in SQL Server?
4 Answers. You can use following query to list all columns or search columns across tables in a database. USE AdventureWorks GO SELECT t.name AS table_name, SCHEMA_NAME(schema_id) AS schema_name, c.name AS column_name FROM sys. tables AS t INNER JOIN sys.
How do I get a list of table names in SQL?
How to Get the names of the table in SQL
- Syntax (When we have only single database): Select * from schema_name.table_name.
- Syntax (When we have multiple databases): Select * from database_name.schema_name.table_name.
- Example: SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.
- INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
How can I see all tables in MySQL database?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How do I list all columns in a table in SQL?
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2: In a query editor, if you highlight the text of table name (ex dbo. MyTable) and hit ALT + F1 , you’ll get a list of column names, type, length, etc.
How do I view tables in SQL Developer?
To view table data:
- In SQL Developer, search for a table as described in “Viewing Tables”. …
- Select the table that contains the data. …
- In the object pane, click the Data subtab. …
- (Optional) Click a column name to sort the data by that column.
- (Optional) Click the SQL subtab to view the SQL statement that defines the table.
What is the command to view tables in SQL?
Using the MySQL Command Line Client
mysql> USE pizza_store; Now use the MySQL SHOW TABLES command to list the tables in the chosen database. mysql> SHOW TABLES; This command returns a list of all the tables in the chosen database.
How can I add multiple values to a table in SQL?
If you want to insert more rows than that, you should consider using multiple INSERT statements, BULK INSERT or a derived table. Note that this INSERT multiple rows syntax is only supported in SQL Server 2008 or later. To insert multiple rows returned from a SELECT statement, you use the INSERT INTO SELECT statement.
Is timestamp or datetime better?
The DATETIME type is used for values that contain both date and time parts. MySQL retrieves and displays DATETIME values in ‘ YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss ‘ format. … The TIMESTAMP data type is used for values that contain both date and time parts. TIMESTAMP has a range of ‘1970-01-01 00:00:01’ UTC to ‘2038-01-19 03:14:07’ UTC.
How can you list all columns for a given table?
To list all columns in a table, we can use the SHOW command.
How can I get column details of a table in SQL?
Using the Information Schema
- SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TABLES.
- SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Album’
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How do I get a list of table names in MySQL?
The syntax to get all table names with the help of SELECT statement. mysql> use test; Database changed mysql> SELECT Table_name as TablesName from information_schema. tables where table_schema = ‘test’; Output with the name of the three tables.
What is the SQL query to find all table names present in a database?
In MySQL, there are two ways to find names of all tables, either by using “show” keyword or by query INFORMATION_SCHEMA. In the case of SQL Server or MSSQL, You can either use sys. tables or INFORMATION_SCHEMA to get all table names for a database.
How do I open a table in SQL?
How to View a Table in a SQL Server Database
- Open Enterprise Manager and expand the registered SQL Server.
- Expand Databases.
- Expand the database.
- Click on Tables, all of the tables in the database will show up in the right pane.
- Locate the table you’d like to open, right-click it and select Open Table -> Return Top…