How do I rename a MySQL database?
Rename a MySQL Database Using cPanel
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Databases section, click MySQL Databases.
- A new page will open. Scroll down to the database you want to rename and select the Rename link under the Actions column.
- Type the new database name, then click Proceed.
How do you rename a database?
In Object Explorer, expand Databases, right-click the database to rename, and then click Rename. Enter the new database name, and then click OK. Optionally, if the database was your default database, see Reset your default database after rename.
How do I find MySQL database name?
Show MySQL Databases
The most common way to get a list of the MySQL databases is by using the mysql client to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW DATABASES command. If you haven’t set a password for your MySQL user you can omit the -p switch.
How do you create a new database in MySQL?
Create a MySQL Database Using CLI
- SSH into your server as root.
- Log into MySQL as root: mysql -u root.
- Create a new database user: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *. …
- Log out of MySQL by typing: q .
- Log in as the new database user you just created: mysql -u db_user -p. …
- Create a new database:
How do I rename a database in Access?
You can rename a table and most other database objects directly from the Navigation Pane.
- In the Navigation Pane, right-click the table that you want to rename ,and then click Rename on the shortcut menu. …
- Type the new name and then press ENTER.
- To save your changes, click Save on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Can we rename table name in SQL?
Sometimes we may want to rename our table to give it a more relevant name. For this purpose we can use ALTER TABLE to rename the name of table.
How do I rename a database in xampp?
Renaming the Database
Select the database you wish to rename from the left hand column and then click on Operations. Select a database in phpMyAdmin. Enter the new database name in the field “Rename database to:” and click Go. Renaming the database.
How can I see MySQL database?
Open the MySQL Command Line Client that appeared with a mysql> prompt. Next, log in to the MySQL database server using the password that you have created during the installation of MySQL.
List Databases Using Pattern Matching
- mysql> SHOW DATABASES LIKE pattern;
- mysql> SHOW DATABASES WHERE expression;
What is the default database name in MySQL?
4 Answers. There is no default database. A fresh MySQL server install will have 0 databases. The install script will run mysql_install_db after the server is running to create a mysql database, which MySQL uses to store users and privileges.
How do I import a database into MySQL?
How to import a MySQL database
- Log in to cPanel. …
- In the DATABASES section of the cPanel home screen, click phpMyAdmin: …
- In the left pane of the phpMyAdmin page, click the database that you want to import the data into.
- Click the Import tab.
- Under File to Import, click Browse, and then select the dbexport. …
- Click Go.
How do I connect to a MySQL database?
To Connect to a MySQL Database
- Click Services tab.
- Expand the Drivers node from the Database Explorer. …
- Enter User Name and Password. …
- Click OK to accept the credentials. …
- Click OK to accept the default schema.
- Right-click the MySQL Database URL in the Services window (Ctrl-5).
What are the steps to create a database?
The design process consists of the following steps:
- Determine the purpose of your database. …
- Find and organize the information required. …
- Divide the information into tables. …
- Turn information items into columns. …
- Specify primary keys. …
- Set up the table relationships. …
- Refine your design. …
- Apply the normalization rules.
What are the commands in MySQL?
|Connecting to MySQL server||mysql -u [username] -p; (user will be prompted to enter password)|
|Show all databases||show databases;|
|Create a new database||create database [database-name];|
|Select a particular database||use [database-name];|