How do I run a node JS application as a Windows service?
The node-windows module has a utility to run Node. js scripts as Windows services. Install node-windows with npm. The recommended way is by using the global flag (-g), the reason being, when you use the global flag (-g) you do not need to install node-windows for each new project in the system you are using.
How do I run node JS as a service?
How to run a node. js app as a background service ?
- Step 1: Create a new file <app_name>.service file replacing <app_name> with the name of the node.js app. …
- Step 2: After configuring the service file, …
- Step3: Start the app with the following command to make it run with the service file: systemctl start <app_name>
How do I run a pm2 as a Windows service?
- Copy install.ps1 to the root of your node app.
- From an Elevated Powershell prompt run: .install.ps1 -Pm2Home “C:etc.pm2” -AppStart “[path to node app start]”
- Your Node app should be running under PM2. pm2 monit should show processes running.
How do I run a Windows script as a service?
Using a graphical user interface
- Open the Service Creation Wizard (srvinstw.exe ).
- Select Install a service and click Next.
- Select the target machine to install the service on and click Next.
- Enter MyMonitor for the service name and click Next.
- Enter the path of the srvany.exe executable and click Next.
How do I start a node js server automatically?
js is your app, which in this example is located in C: drive (spcify the path). The batch file will be executed at login time and start your node application from cmd. I would recommend installing your node. js app as a Windows service, and then set the service to run at startup.
How do I run a node js background?
3. Run Node In Background Continuously Use Node Forever Package.
- Install Node forever package. …
- After installation, run npm list command to see the forever package installation path. …
- Start node js HTTP web server with forever start command. …
- You can use # forever list command to list all forever running processes.
How do I start a node js process?
The usual way to run a Node. js program is to run the node globally available command (once you install Node. js) and pass the name of the file you want to execute. While running the command, make sure you are in the same directory which contains the app.
What is NPM run start?
Description. This runs an arbitrary command specified in the package’s “start” property of its “scripts” object. If no “start” property is specified on the “scripts” object, it will run node server. js . As of email@example.com , you can use custom arguments when executing scripts.
How do I stop a node js process?
You can stop the server by killing the process. In Windows, run CMD and type taskkill /F /IM node.exe This will kill(stop) all Node. js processes. And then you can restart it.
How do I check pm2 logs?
Access the logs
By default, all logs are saved into $HOME/. pm2/logs .
How do I start pm2 in node JS?
You may skip the information that you do not need, but following the steps closely may provide some advantages.
- Create a Safe Account to Run Your Code. …
- Login as the Safe User. …
- Install GIT. …
- Install Latest Node. …
- Give Safe User Permission To Use Port 80. …
- Use NPM To Install A Package Called PM2. …
- Create a Simple Node App.
How do I create a Windows service?
How to Create a Windows Service
- Open Visual Studio, go to File > New and select Project. …
- Go to Visual C# -> ”Windows Desktop” -> ”Windows Service,” give your project an appropriate name and then click OK. …
- Right-click on the blank area and select “Add Installer.”
How do I run a local service in Windows?
To debug a service
- Build your service in the Debug configuration.
- Install your service. …
- Start your service, either from Services Control Manager, Server Explorer, or from code. …
- Start Visual Studio with administrative credentials so you can attach to system processes.
How do I manage Windows services?
Windows has always used the Services panel as a way to manage the services that are running on your computer. You can easily get there at any point by simply hitting WIN + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog, and typing in services. msc.
How do I run an EXE file in the background?
Go to the Shortcut tab of the window that opens (if you didn’t start there). One of the options will be Run: with a drop-down next to it (probably saying Normal window ). Change the drop-down to Minimized . Hit OK (if you get a UAC prompt, allow the action).