How do I select month and year from date in SQL?
These functions are explained below.
- The DAY(), MONTH(), and YEAR() Functions. The most obvious way to return the day, month and year from a date is to use the T-SQL functions of the same name. …
- The DATEPART() Function. …
- The DATENAME() Function. …
- The FORMAT() Function.
Where date is current month SQL?
We can retrieve the current month value in SQL using the MONTH() and DATEPART() functions along with the GETDATE() function. To retrieve the name of the month functions in SQL such as DATENAME() and FORMAT() are used.
How get current time in SQL query?
Usage Options. SQL Server provides several different functions that return the current date time including: GETDATE(), SYSDATETIME(), and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP. The GETDATE() and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP functions are interchangeable and return a datetime data type. The SYSDATETIME() function returns a datetime2 data type.
How do I get 30 days old data in SQL?
SELECT * FROM product WHERE pdate >= DATEADD(day, -30, getdate()).
How do I get the month wise count in SQL?
Create a table variable with the full set of months, and populate with the twelve options. Then use left join to get what you want. declare @Months table ( Month varchar(3)) insert into @Months values (‘Jan’), (‘Feb’), (‘Mar’), …. select M. Month, count(*) from @Months M left join ….
How can I get current month data?
To Find Current Month Data With SQL Query
- SELECT Agentname,cast(Sum(agentAmount) as int) as Tolling.
- from TABLENAME where datepart(mm,DATEFIELDNAME) =month(getdate())
- and datepart(yyyy,DATEFIELDNAME) =year(getdate())
- group by agentname order by Tolling desc.
How can I compare two dates in sql query?
- We can compare two dates using equals to, less than, and greater than operators in SQL. …
- If you want to find the employees joined on April 28th, 2020 from employee table:
- You can use the less than and greater than operators in a similar way.
How do I get the first day of the current month in sql?
SELECT DATEADD(m, DATEDIFF(m, 0, GETDATE()), 0) — Instead of GetDate you can put any date. It is probably quite fast. Why not create it as a sql function. The -2 will get you the first day of last month.
How do I select a Sysdate in SQL?
MySQL: SYSDATE Function
- Description. The MySQL SYSDATE function returns the current date and time.
- Syntax. The syntax for the SYSDATE function in MySQL is: SYSDATE( ) …
- Note. The SYSDATE function will return the current date as a ‘YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS’ format, if used in a string context. …
- Applies To. …
What is data type for time in SQL?
A time. Format: hh:mm:ss. The supported range is from ‘-838:59:59’ to ‘838:59:59’ YEAR. A year in four-digit format.
How do I get the current year in SQL?
Just run these SQL queries one by one to get the specific element of your current date/time:
- Current year: SELECT date_part(‘year’, (SELECT current_timestamp));
- Current month: SELECT date_part(‘month’, (SELECT current_timestamp));
- Current day: SELECT date_part(‘day’, (SELECT current_timestamp));