The best way is: You can store multiple data as delimiter separated values. Use pipe (|) or tilt (~) as the delimiter. And when we are inserting new value or updating existing value, check if the phone number already exists.
How do I store multiple values in a SQL variable?
@cdistler SQL variable is to store a single value. So if you want to store multiple value, then you will need to define multiple variables. For example, set (var1, var2, var3)=(10, 20, 30);
How can I store multiple values in one column in MySQL?
MySQL Insert Multiple Rows
- First, specify the name of table that you want to insert after the INSERT INTO keywords.
- Second, specify a comma-separated column list inside parentheses after the table name.
- Third, specify a comma-separated list of row data in the VALUES clause. Each element of the list represents a row.
How do I use multiple values in SQL?
The IN operator allows you to specify multiple values in a WHERE clause. The IN operator is a shorthand for multiple OR conditions.
How do I store a list of values in a SQL variable?
You are right, there is no datatype in SQL-Server which can hold a list of integers. But what you can do is store a list of integers as a string. DECLARE @listOfIDs varchar(8000); SET @listOfIDs = ‘1,2,3,4’; You can then split the string into separate integer values and put them into a table.
How do I store multiple values in a database?
Simple you have to make another column and in this your first column primary key act as a foreign key. And then using joins simply you can do it. The best way is: You can store multiple data as delimiter separated values.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
Here is the example.
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2. WHERE t2.StudentID = t1.StudentID.
How do I put multiple data in one column?
Combine text from two or more cells into one cell
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type = and select the first cell you want to combine.
- Type & and use quotation marks with a space enclosed.
- Select the next cell you want to combine and press enter. An example formula might be =A2&” “&B2.
Can I insert multiple rows in one query in mysql?
5 Answers. INSERT statements that use VALUES syntax can insert multiple rows. To do this, include multiple lists of column values, each enclosed within parentheses and separated by commas.
How do I put multiple values in one column?
Create Table Table_Name( col1 DataType, col2 DataType); You can then insert multiple row values in any of the columns you want to. For instance: Insert Into TableName(columnname) values (x), (y), (z);
How do I select multiple rows in SQL?
SELECT * FROM users WHERE ( id IN (1,2,..,n) ); or, if you wish to limit to a list of records between id 20 and id 40, then you can easily write: SELECT * FROM users WHERE ( ( id >= 20 ) AND ( id <= 40 ) );
How do you do multiple or condition in SQL?
The SQL AND condition and OR condition can be combined to test for multiple conditions in a SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement. When combining these conditions, it is important to use parentheses so that the database knows what order to evaluate each condition.
How do I run multiple inserts in SQL?
SQL Server INSERT Multiple Rows
- INSERT INTO table_name (column_list) VALUES (value_list_1), (value_list_2), … ( …
- CREATE TABLE sales.promotions ( promotion_id INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY (1, 1), promotion_name VARCHAR (255) NOT NULL, discount NUMERIC (3, 2) DEFAULT 0, start_date DATE NOT NULL, expired_date DATE NOT NULL );