By default and on single instance MySQL servers you are most likely to find this file called my. cnf and found at: /etc/my. cnf.
How do I know my CNF file?
If you run mysql –verbose —help | less it will tell you about line 11 which . cnf files it will look for. You can also do mysql –print-defaults to show you how the configuration values it will use. This can also be useful in identifying just which config file it is loading.
How do I open my CNF file in MySQL?
Login to your server via SSH
- Login to your server via SSH.
- To view the MySQL my.cnf settings type the following: cat /etc/my.cnf. The contents of the my. cnf file will display similar to the snapshot above.
Where is my CNF file in Windows?
To answer your question, on Windows, the my. cnf file may be called my.
- %PROGRAMDATA%MySQLMySQL Server 5.7my. ini , %PROGRAMDATA%MySQLMySQL Server 5.7my. cnf.
- %WINDIR%my. ini , %WINDIR%my. cnf.
- C:my. ini , C:my. cnf.
- INSTALLDIR my. ini , INSTALLDIR my. cnf.
Where is MySQL config file in Windows?
Default file locations that MySQL Router searches for configuration files on Windows.
Default Configuration File Locations (Windows)
- Default system-wide installation under C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Router : C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Routermysqlrouter.conf.
- In addition: C:Users username AppDataRoamingmysqlrouter.
Which CNF file is MySQL using?
Table 4.2 Option Files Read on Unix and Unix-Like Systems
|SYSCONFDIR /my.cnf||Global options|
|$MYSQL_HOME/my.cnf||Server-specific options (server only)|
What is a My CNF file?
This file contains configuration settings that will be loaded when the server is first started including settings for the clients, server, mysqld_safe wrapper and various other mysql client programs.
How do I run a MySQL database?
Set Up a MySQL Database on Windows
- Download and install a MySQL server and MySQL Connector/ODBC (which contains the Unicode driver). …
- Configure the database server for use with Media Server: …
- Add the MySQL bin directory path to the PATH environmental variable. …
- Open the mysql command line tool:
Where is MySQL path on Ubuntu?
- Open up MySQL’s configuration file: less /etc/my.cnf.
- Search for the term “datadir”: /datadir.
- If it exists, it will highlight a line that reads: datadir = [path]
- You can also manually look for that line. …
- If that line does not exist, then MySQL will default to: /var/lib/mysql.
How do I restart MySQL on Linux?
You use the following command to restart the MySQL server On Linux:
- service mysql restart. If the name is MySQL service is mysqld not mysql , you need to change the service name in the command as shown in the following command:
- service mysqld restart. …
- /etc/init.d/mysqld restart.
Where is MySQL INI in Ubuntu?
Configure MySQL server on the Ubuntu operating system
Finding the config files. By default you’ll find MySQL’s configuration files in: /etc/mysql. my. cnf.
How do I find my .ini file?
ini . In your Windows shell if you do ls “%PROGRAMDATA%MySQLMySQL Server 5.6my. ini” , you will see that the file is there. Unlike most suggestions you will find in Stackoverflow and around the web, putting the file in C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.6my.
What is bind address my CNF?
MySQL Bind Address
The bind-address configuration within MySQL tells MySQL on which networks it can listen for connections. Note that MySQL is usually configured to accept connections from a local socket file (a unix socket). … MySQL can bind to all networks ( 0.0. 0.0 )
Where is my CNF file in xampp?
Look in the MySQL config file C:xamppmysqlbinmy. ini . At the top of that file are some comments: # You can copy this file to # C:/xampp/mysql/bin/my.