Click the cPanel button under the “Quick Server Login” section in your dashboard. In the “SOFTWARE” section, click the “Select PHP Version” link or icon. Select the version you wish to use. By default, the latest stable version (called the “native” version) will be selected and is already active.
How do I use a specific version of PHP?
To change the default version of PHP under your Shell user:
- Log into your user via SSH.
- Make sure you’re in your user’s directory by running the following: …
- View the creating and editing a file via SSH article for instructions on how to edit your existing . …
- Save and close the file and return to your shell.
What is the best PHP version?
According to this result, PHP 8.0 is the clear winner and the fastest loading time is 164 ms. PHP 5.6 is the slowest one which is almost 3 times slower compared to PHP 8.0 (the latest PHP version). Site Performance Hierarchy (Fastest PHP Version): 8.0 > 7.4 > 7.3 >7.2 > 7.1 > 7.0 > 5.6.
How do I switch between PHP versions?
You can do sudo update-alternatives –config php to set which system wide version of PHP you want to use. This makes your command line and apache versions work the same. You can read more about update-alternatives on the man page. That’s it you can now easily switch form PHP7 to PHP 5.6!
How do I find the PHP version?
1. Type the following command, replacing [location] with the path to your PHP installation. 2. Typing php -v now shows the PHP version installed on your Windows system.
What is current PHP version?
W3Techs reports that, as of April 2021, “PHP is used by 79.2% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know.”
|Designed by||Rasmus Lerdorf|
|Developer||The PHP Development Team, Zend Technologies|
|Stable release||8.0.9 / 29 July 2021|
How do I know if PHP is working?
Make sure the Web server is running, open a browser and type http://SERVER-IP/phptest.php. You should then see a screen showing detailed information about the PHP version you are using and installed modules.
Which PHP version is fast?
PHP 7.4 is the fastest with CodeIgniter, performing 26.84% more requests per second than PHP 7.2.
Why is PHP 7 faster?
One of the reasons we found PHP 7 to be faster for the Aerospike PHP Client is because we use a lot of hash tables in the C level. The new hash table implementation of the Zend Engine is more efficient than the previous implementation. This results in a clear performance gain.
Which PHP version is best for WordPress 2020?
WordPress themselves recommend running PHP 7.3 as a minimum and also state: “Note: WordPress also works in legacy environments with PHP 5.6. 20+ and MySQL 5.0+.
How do I enable PHP?
Configure Apache to Serve PHP Pages from a User Directory.
- Step 1: Edit the PHP configuration file. sudo gedit /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf. …
- Step 2: Save changes, and exit emacs. control-x, control-s.
- Step 3: Restart Apache, and you are done. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
How do I downgrade my PHP version?
Upgrading or Downgrading PHP Versions
- Ensure the php packages for the version you want are installed.
- Update any configuration for that PHP version.
- Update your web server configuration to point to the correct PHP version.
- Point PHP CLI to the correct PHP version.
- Restart your web server and php-fpm.
What PHP version is my Apache using?
php in the Web server document root (installdir/apache2/htdocs/ for Apache or installdir/nginx/html for NGINX). Make sure the Web server is running, open a browser and type http://localhost/phptest.php. You should then see a screen showing detailed information about the PHP version you are using and installed modules.
How do I find my localhost PHP version?
Make sure the Web server is running, open a browser and type http://localhost/phptest.php. You should then see a screen showing detailed information about the PHP version you are using and installed modules.
Is PHP installed?
Find PHP version on Windows
php -v is also working on Windows platforms. You can just start you CMD and run it to see the PHP version you currently have installed. Now run again php -v and you should see you PHP version.