mysql> SELECT * FROM ( -> SELECT * FROM Last10RecordsDemo ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 -> )Var1 -> -> ORDER BY id ASC; The following is the output that displays the last 10 records.
How do I display 10 records in SQL?
To select first 10 elements from a database using SQL ORDER BY clause with LIMIT 10. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement.
How do I find recent records in SQL?
But there are ways to get the last record in MySql, SQL Server, Oracle etc. databases.
- SELECT column_name FROM table_name.
- ORDER BY column_name DESC.
- WHERE ROWNUM <=1;
How do I get last few rows in SQL?
use desc with orderby at the end of the query to get the last values. MS doesn’t support LIMIT in t-sql. Most of the times i just get MAX(ID) and then subtract. This will return less than 10 records when ID is not sequential.
How do I get top 2 records in SQL?
SQL TOP, LIMIT, FETCH FIRST or ROWNUM Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do you find top 10 salary in SQL?
TO FIND NTH HIGHEST SALARY USING CTE
- SELECT*FROM [DBO].[EMPLOYEE] ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- WITH RESULT AS.
- SELECT SALARY,
- DENSE_RANK() OVER (ORDER BY SALARY DESC) AS DENSERANK.
- FROM EMPLOYEE.
How do I find duplicate records in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I find the last updated record in SQL?
In this article you will learn how to get last updated Column Value in GROUP BY Statement SQL Server.
Figure 3 Problem is here:
- SELECT*FROM EVENT_INFORMATION.
- SELECT TRAINERNAME, TECHNOLOGY,MAX(CITY)AS CITY,MAX(ATTENDEES)AS STUDENT,
- FROM EVENT_INFORMATION GROUPBY TRAINERNAME, TECHNOLOGY.
What is offset in SQL query?
The OFFSET clause specifies the number of rows to skip before starting to return rows from the query. The offset_row_count can be a constant, variable, or parameter that is greater or equal to zero. The FETCH clause specifies the number of rows to return after the OFFSET clause has been processed.
Where can I find maximum salary in department wise?
SELECT * FROM department; Get the highest salary of each department on the table. Here our table contains a DEPT_ID and it has two different categories UI DEVELOPERS and BACKEND DEVELOPERS, and we will find out the highest salary of the column.
What is Rownum in SQL?
For each row returned by a query, the ROWNUM pseudocolumn returns a number indicating the order in which Oracle selects the row from a table or set of joined rows. … If an ORDER BY clause follows ROWNUM in the same query, then the rows will be reordered by the ORDER BY clause.